Are you considering Invisalign? Whether you’re interested in improving your smile or you have orthodontic issues that need to be addressed, Invisalign is an increasingly popular choice. Invisalign calls itself the “clear alternative to braces” because it can correct many of the same orthodontic issues as braces, but it uses clear plastic aligners instead of metal brackets.
Many patients choose Invisalign because it is less noticeable while you’re wearing it. Another reason patients (and parents of patients) are choosing Invisalign is because the cost is now comparable to braces in most cases.
How much does Invisalign cost in the Boston Area? Here’s what to expect.
Average Cost Range of Invisalign Treatment
The cost of Invisalign can fall anywhere between $3,000 and $8,000. The average is about $6,000 for most patients. Not every patient will pay the same amount for Invisalign. The estimate you are given is based on a variety of factors.
Factors That Impact the Cost of Invisalign
Why does the cost of Invisalign vary? Because of a number of factors, such as:
- Extent of your Treatment. Not everyone has the same orthodontic issues that need to be corrected. Some cases are more severe than others, and the greater the need for corrections, the more your Invisalign treatment will cost. The further your teeth need to move, the more aligners you will require to achieve the desired results. More aligners equals a higher cost of treatment.
- Length of your Treatment. The more extensive corrections you require, the longer your treatment will take. This affects the cost because you will require more consultations during your treatment the longer it takes, and this is time your dentist will need to be compensated for.
- Geographic Location of your Dentist. Where your dentist is located will impact the cost of Invisalign. The basic cost of living in an area drives the cost of all kinds of services, and that includes dental and orthodontic care. A bigger city with a higher population will tend to have a higher cost of living than a smaller town.
- Your Dentist’s Level of Experience. The more experience your dentist or orthodontist has and the more established their reputation is in the community, the higher the cost of services may be, including Invisalign. Dentists or orthodontists must receive training and certification in Invisalign treatment before offering it to patients. Practices are even assigned a rating system through Invisalign that is based on the number of successful treatments they have administered. All of this can affect the cost of treatment.
- Your Oral Health. Before you can undergo Invisalign treatment, your teeth and mouth must be healthy. Any cavities you have need to be filled before treatment. You must also be free of gum disease and have no underlying issues in your jaw that would make it risky to shift the teeth around.
Insurance and Financing Can Make the Cost of Invisalign More Affordable
If cost is a concern for you, there are ways to make it more affordable. Start with your dental insurance if you have it. Some dental insurance plans include coverage for orthodontics, and Invisalign sometimes qualifies for this coverage. It is usually in the form of a lump sum toward orthodontic treatment that is paid out once. It likely won’t cover all of the cost, but it can reduce your total amount significantly.
After insurance, your next option is financing. Lending Point, Care Credit and other types of credit can be used to pay for orthodontic care. This allows you to spread the cost out over time into affordable monthly payments. Some programs or lines of credit may offer 0% promotional rates for a longer period of time. Consider your options and choose one that would be best for you.
Invisalign Treatment is Available at Nowak Family Dental
You don’t have to see an orthodontist for Invisalign. This treatment option is conveniently available through Nowak Family Dental. We offer Invisalign treatment in our office, meaning you don’t have to spend time and effort finding a separate orthodontist for your needs. After a brief consultation, we can take a scan of your teeth and create a treatment plan. Then all you need to do is wear your aligners according to instructions and come in for occasional tracking visits or do virtual monitoring to check on your progress.
Call 781-662-9119 today to schedule a consultation or request an appointment. We look forward to helping you improve your smile with Invisalign.